Divorce and Child Custody
Divorce, child custody disputes and other family law matters are highly emotional and stressful events. This firm brings a sense of compassion and practicality to the table, helping clients make rational decisions and minimize conflict as they negotiate with their former spouses or partners. This firm seeks to obtain the very best results while understanding what is important to clients, focusing on those issues to reach the best psible outcome. Our family law firm accepts cases involving divorce, property division, spousal support/alimony disputes, child custody disputes, child support and visitation disputes, and other domestic legal issues.
If you are contemplating a divorce, the causes for a contested divorce are:
- Natural impotency.
- Adultery, unless it should appear that it was committed by collusion of the parties for the purpose of procuring a divorce, or unless the parties cohabited after a knowledge by complainant of the adultery.
- Being sentenced to any penitentiary, and not pardoned before being sent there.
- Willful, continued and obstinate desertion for the space of one year.
- Habitual drunkenness.
- Habitual and excessive use of opium, morphine or other like drug.
- Habitual cruel and inhuman treatment.
- Insanity or idiocy at the time of marriage, if the party complaining did not know of such infirmity.
- Marriage to some other person at the time of the pretended marriage between the parties.
- Pregnancy of the wife by another person at the time of the marriage, if the husband did not know of such pregnancy.
- Either party may have a divorce if they be related to each other within the degrees of kindred between whom marriage is prohibited by law.
- Incurable insanity.
An Uncontested Divorce may be granted on the ground of irreconcilable differences, but only upon the joint complaint of the husband and wife or a complaint where the defendant has been personally served with process or where the defendant has entered an appearance by written waiver of process.